Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 1 EOC.my voice


As a sound engineer, I extensively dissect every sound I hear out of habit. Whether it’s a new movie that I just seen in theaters, a new album release, or something as simple as hearing a car driving down the street. I break down each aspect of every sound to better understand how it should naturally sound, and how to accurately recreate each sound. Aside from my passion for music that started with purchasing my first guitar in 7th grade, I have had a very strong interest in Foley work and sound design. I often spend hours watching Foley artist working on creating sounds for movies, listening to them talk about how they watch a scene and break down the sound they imagine in their head into layers, that they build up to create a final product that is amazing. My journey into the world of sound started when I was 13 years old, living in a small suburb of Chicago. With not much to do aside from looking at cornfields, I decided to start learning how to play the guitar. Slowly as time went on it became a deep passion as I went through middle school and high school. Before senior year, I relocated with my family to Las Vegas, this is where I learned of the vast career options the audio industry had to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment